Tuesday, January 15, 2008

 

Who's to Blame for the Baby Boomlet?

Instapundit blames Britney for maintaining the 2.1 children per woman birth rate. I blame Bush. Here's the e-mail I sent to Glenn Reynolds:

I'm in the Army and my evidence is entirely anecdotal, but there are several families on my block that have children under 3 (which would make them Iraq War babies). Most of these families also have a soldier that was deployed within the last few years. I live in a military neighborhood of duplexes. My right hand neighbor has 2 kids (teens), my across the street neighbor has 3 kids (2 under 3), my immediate left hand neighbor has 4 children (1 is 3), and the far right neighbor has 3 kids (1 is 1 yr old). The military community has a high birth rate anyway (my ex even had a kid without me while I was deployed) because there's no out-of-pocket expense for the birth (at a military hospital). Even so, if it weren't for all of the deployments, we wouldn't be having nearly as many children as a result of the reunions.

Sure, illegal immigration may account for a bunch of it, but I blame Bush and the Iraq War for giving us a shot at having a sustainable population.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?