Wednesday, June 21, 2006

 

Shameless Plug for the Carnival of the NFL

Pick me! Pick me!

I have a very large interest in political subjects, but the Carnival of the NFL would allow me to express my NFL fan-dom in an a-political environment.

Pros:
1) Because I'm in the Army and deployed, the NFL has gone beyond an obsession to almost a religion.
2) I've been a Dolphins fan since the David Woodley years. That's dedication. I stayed up until 3AM watching Dolphins games on the Armed Forces Network.
3) I have spent entire weekends watching the NFL Draft.
4) I work in an office with a Redskins fan, a Cowboys fan, a Raiders fan, a Seahawks fan, a "Why, Edgerrin? Why?" Colts fan, and a cousin of the Cheifs' kicker (Tynes). There are no shortages of controversies here, and the NFC and AFC are equally represented.
5) I've already pre-ordered Madden 07.
6) By the time the season rolls around, I'll be back in Germany.

Cons:
1) Yes, I'm new at blogging. But, I'm willing to learn!
2) I'm in the Army and deployed. When all else fails, mission first.
3) I promise I won't only report on the Dolphins (not that the guys in my office would let me). No, really. I promise.

What do you say?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?